[haiku-development] Re: Buildutils on powerpc

  • From: richard jasmin <jasminr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 16:50:47 -0400

WAIT.you are cross-building the ppc from an intel box? might explain the issue abit better.....try a native build.my luck with crossing, though it DOES work, has had limited success.of course that was porting back to mingw32 from OSX frameworks (carbon app)at the time.those two frameworks are WAY OFF.

im working on it.

like i said before, i have a ppc ibook 600.

Duane Ryan wrote:
So,  i've been rather bored recently; I figure, why not try and get
haiku running on my mac? How hard can it be?

So, I attempted to build crossutils using `./configure
--build-cross-tools-gcc4 ppc ../buildtools/`, as per Ryan's tutorial
for ubuntu linux. After chugging along for a few hours (I have a slow
machine), it fails, for reasons I can't really comprehend. Full errors
are in the attachment.

Cheers!
-duane