[haiku-development] Re: Buildutils on powerpc

now im getting i586-pc-haiku not supported by BFD and it just exits uncleanly.(after cvn -r 24507 in tools dir).

Duane Ryan wrote:
No, I was building a ppc binary on ppc... but anyway, that shouldn't
make a difference. I'm pretty sure the problem is my file system's
case sensitivity, not any real issue.

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 4:55 PM, richard jasmin <jasminr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
cant check out haiku, will try later, it seems to be hanging on me.

Duane Ryan wrote:
So,  i've been rather bored recently; I figure, why not try and get
haiku running on my mac? How hard can it be?

So, I attempted to build crossutils using `./configure
--build-cross-tools-gcc4 ppc ../buildtools/`, as per Ryan's tutorial
for ubuntu linux. After chugging along for a few hours (I have a slow
machine), it fails, for reasons I can't really comprehend. Full errors
are in the attachment.

Cheers!
-duane