[haiku-development] Re: Buildutils on powerpc

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 20:58:20 +0200

Am 08.08.2008 um 19:43 schrieb Duane Ryan:

So,  i've been rather bored recently; I figure, why not try and get
haiku running on my mac? How hard can it be?

Inspired by Duane I tried to build for ppc as well last night. :-)

I tried on OpenSolaris snv_93 just to find out that it works for neither ppc nor x86. There are no compile errors but it ends with some emptyish output, followed by:

The compiler specified as Haiku target compiler is not a valid Haiku cross-compiler. Please see ReadMe.cross-compile.

That was for: `../configure --build-cross-tools-gcc4 ppc ../../ buildtools/`
And no Jamfile got generated in the folder.

Do I have to add Solaris host support somewhere? If yes, where?

Andreas

So, I attempted to build crossutils using `./configure
--build-cross-tools-gcc4 ppc ../buildtools/`, as per Ryan's tutorial
for ubuntu linux. After chugging along for a few hours (I have a slow
machine), it fails, for reasons I can't really comprehend. Full errors
are in the attachment.

Cheers!
-duane
<Output.txt>