[gps-talkusers] Re: GPS not indicating direction properly

  • From: "alice dampman" <alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:10:33 -0400

Is this also an issue with the "off the shelf" GPS systems that drivers use in
their cars? I also have the impression that we have to go through a lot more
steps of setting addresses and what mode and all that than those drivers do. Is
this true, or is it just easier and quicker for them because they use the touch
screen? Hmmm, guess I should ask one of the drivers, right? I've seen friends
use their gps in their cars, and it seems so uncomplicated and fast, whereas I
always feel like we are typing forever!
Alice
alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx