[gps-talkusers] Re: GPS not indicating direction properly

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 08:25:14 -0700

Commercial POIs are not at the business doors, they are located at the street, and depending on where the GPS puts you on one side of the street or the other the POIs will be announced as such. Only user POIs that you mark will be more accurate in the systems "on-left" / "on-right"

I hope this helps set your expectation correctly and understand what the system is telling you.

Thanks
Charles.

At 08:09 AM 7/28/2008, you wrote:
The POIs were pretty much directly on my right side. I was walking on the sidewalk, and their driveways were directly to the right of me. I distinctly remember one instance where a restaurant should've been 44 feet to my right but it said "Lookaround Poi...44 feet left". I was walking extremely slowly with a sighted guide, so I'm not sure if it would've been more accurate if I were moving faster.

Eric

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Kevin Chao <<mailto:kevinchao89@xxxxxxxxx>kevinchao89@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Eric,

One more question regarding these incorrect POI announcements of left/right side. How far were the reported POIs, both in real-world and to the GPS.

Thanks,

Kevin