[goodfeel] Re: Researching what other blind people do with their musical talent and would like to get to know those of you who are interested in sharing more about yourselves

  • From: "Musical Accents" <jmusicalaccents@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 17:01:15 -0600

Hi Kaiti:

Could I get your off list info please?
Mine is jmusicac@xxxxxxxxx
Janell
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kaiti Shelton
  To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:56 PM
  Subject: [goodfeel] Re: Researching what other blind people do with their
musical talent and would like to get to know those of you who are interested in
sharing more about yourselves

  Hi,

  As Xhris stated, there is a growing need for music therapists with the older
population. The medical field is also booming for music therapy. I am currently
a music therapy major at the University of Dayton and love my courses. Feel
free to write me off-list with any questions you might have. I can also answer
questions you might have on using Goodfeel to complete coursework.

  On Wednesday, July 24, 2013, Greg Daniel wrote:

    Janell,

    In my ten years as a student at the Ohio State School for the Blind, I took
six years of piano, one of organ, learned to play the cornet and was in the
school band during my freshmana nd last year, and also sang in the school's
chorus.  I went to public high school and spent three years in the marching and
concert bands, and sang in the choir, chamber ensemble, and glee club.  At the
Ohio State University, I was a four-year member of the OSU Marching Band, the
largest all-brass and percussion band in the world, and also played for five
years in the military band.  In my adult years, I've sung in church choirs and
also played cornet at churches, and have spent 39 years playing in the OSU
active alumni band.  Needless to say, I've enjoyed music performance as a
voluntary effort--helping to raise scholarship money for the current and future
members of the OSU marching band.

    Greg Daniel
    Columbus, Ohio
    At 03:00 PM 7/24/2013, you wrote:

      Hi, My name is Janell, I am taking Grade 10 piano Royal conservatory, I
teach piano lessons and have performed at some events for entertainment. I
sing, but have never taken singing lessons.    I am researching what is out
there for me to do with my musical talent and interest, I also have an interest
in Music therapy, but haven't taken any courses yet.  I am curious to know what
those of you who are interested in sharing do with your musical talent.  I am
wanting to get to know new people as well, people who share similar interests
with me.

      Janell

  --
  Kaiti