[gmpi] Re: GMPI req's draft 1 for review.

  • From: Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 09:34:26 -0500

>I think we should strike #13: "best practices and recommendations for
>realtime programming."  That's nice, but we're not a writing a textbook.
><<<
>
>Strongly disagree.  If you've seen as many badly written plugins as I
>have you would want a mandatory week-long tutorial on realtime
>programming.<g>

I'm with Ron on this.

Not only because of the many examples that show that people just don't
get it, but also because there are many OS facilities that people
think, either through ignorance or misinformation, are RT-safe when
they are not.

Its a short 2-3 paragraphs. I'd be happy to write it up when and if we
get there.

--p