[gmpi] Re: GMPI req's draft 1 for review.

  • From: Andy <andy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 09:47:17 -0000

Tim,

I think this is a word change, Req 16:

"GMPI must include a way for the host to indicate to plugins whether they
are running in realtime or offline mode. Plugins must be able to ignore this
information completely. "

The second sentence seems wrong to me.  I *think* it is trying to say that
plugins can ignore the realtime/offline flag if the plugin author wishes.
The sentence as written implies that the plugin author must provide a way to
ignore the flag regardless of whether they need to or not. So should the
second sentence read:

"Plugins can ignore this information completely" ?

Andy