[geocentrism] Re: apology fruitless debate.

  • From: geocentric@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:15:18 +0100

Philip wrote:
> Sorry Alan and Mike and the list. I made a mistook. A serious mistook.
> Well I think I am mistaken. I can easily get disoriented when moving around,
> mentally moving that is.
>
> You will see in my analogous creation theme that I gave the aliens ship a
> secret rotational twist to make it think it was in the same frame as the big
> rock.

That's right.  Unless you use relativity you have enormous problems
explaining all these forces that appear to be as a result of your
angular momentum when you are stationary.

> And the heliocentrists reckon the universe cannot rotate around the little
> weightless massless centre of our earth.
>
> What if the universe was just a big flywheel?

If the universe looked anything like a flywheel with the earth at the
centre you would have a point.  The solar system "looks like" a flywheel
with the Sun at the centre.  The galaxy looks like a flywheel with,
suprise suprise, the galactic centre and the centre (and the sun a long
way off).

> Just as the little flywheel is a little universe , mostly empty space with
> all them little proton suns and planetary electrons, all rotating around
> that nothing space in the centre.
>
> Is that what the geo people mean by the universal mass?

I don't know what the geo people mean, they don't have one unified
model, just a lot of "doubts" about things they can easily verify for
themselves and a lot of half baked theories that are inconsistent with
each other (and often internally inconsistent).

> I went into a university site once to seek an explanation of the gyro effect
> seen in the precession of a simple toy the spinning top. Do you know, there
> was two or more pages of mathmatical formulas and equations.
>
> I reckoned they didn't know.

There is a world of difference between complex outcomes from simple
theory and a complex theory.  It is actually very good supporting
evidence if a handfull of simple equations that appear to be intuitively
true can, through pure maths if one accepts the equations, predict very
complex behaviour.

Regards,
Mike.