[geocentrism] Re: Gary asked for it.

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:37:15 +1000

Nick I will compile a resume.
The Galelleo affair was before the rules of infallibility were defined, so this
allows the evolution/creationists, (slow creation LOL) a reason to make
controversy of it. I t was the work of a "protestant" Irish Catholic  priest,
who did not accept the TRUTH about Genesis, who set about to prove that certain
decrees were infallible, simply to make the Infallibility doctrine, and the
Church stupid and wrong, because as he believed, "everybody and his dog knows
that the world rotates and moves around a stationary sun"   Fr. Roberts..

Obviously "Rome"  believes that today, so it has "given up the Ghost" and gone
to bed with the devil...

But I do have on file a very good compilation of the history wih comment
supporting the GC view. I will send it privately to any requesting it, Titled,
The Theological Status of Heliocentrism October 1997 by J. S. Daly

Chapter 2  begins like this with a long list of dates....
Documents and Facts Bearing Upon the Church's Attitude to Heliocentrism
24th May 1543:  Nicolas Copernicus' De Revolutionibus Orbium Caelestium is
published with ecclesiastical approval on the day of its author's death. The
study argues in favour of heliocentrism in several places but is prefixed by a
preface explaining that heliocentrism is advanced only hypothetically. This
preface was commonly assumed for some years to have been written by Copernicus
himself, though it is now established that its true author was Osiander.

18th February 1564:  Galileo Galilei is born at Pisa.

1600:  Giordano Bruno is tried for heresy. During his trial the Consultors of
the Inquisition listed among the unorthodox propositions taught in his writings
several in favour of heliocentrism, based on Copernicus. Pope Clement VIII
deleted these from the list of propositions he was to abjure. Bruno was burned
at the stake.