[geocentrism] Re: Evolution

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:37:04 +0000 (GMT)

Neville J
I did think the comment was meant to be humour but as you will be aware, some
people just don't get some jokes. Point at issue -- my post 'A bit of humour'
clearly struck no chords here. It made me laugh out loud but I wasn't sure just
what classification fitted it and so I conferred with a friend. He told me he
thought it was irony, a word I have difficulty with, but which I thought likely
to be correct. He is not of any particular persuasion found on this forum but
he also reported it as not funny. There is no explanation I guess.
Abiogenesis I think is the biggest hurdle non creationists face. I have
addressed the matter in that I have admitted that I do not have an explanation
backed by any sources. I deem it to be beyond my ability to grasp. I do have
thoughts on the matter but for the reasons stated, I think it pointless to air
them. This is an honest statement of my position -- to do otherwise is to act
dishonestly and I will not do that for any man. Further, it would be highly
presumptuous of me to concede that no answer is (currently?) known. I can only
speak for myself in this matter, though I will concede that my impression is
that no answer is known.
While my understanding of evolution is a little greater, again I am not any
sort of authority. But I feel that I am entitled to express an opinion on the
matter as I do have some knowledge. I am confident that my assertion that
abiogenesis and evolution are separate issues is sustainable. This being so, it
is perfectly admissible to discuss them separately. The attitude that if
abiogenesis is impossible then discussion of evolution is pointless I view as a
cop-out. In any event, the point which is the source of this particular
argument stated that both abiogenesis and evolution are negated by the Second
Law of Thermodynamics and this does not require any particular knowledge or
understanding of either of the two subjects to address the claimed negation
which is why I asked for an answer to this question alone. (You -- and other
members here -- should be aware that I have expressed a marked disinclination
to engage in a debate on evolution for three
 reasons -- it does not bear upon cosmology; it is not readily demonstrated
either pro or con; and it is a can of highly emotional worms).
On your observation that the World does not orbit the Sun, I have differed from
you previously on this matter with an explanation which you rejected. After
recently spending two hours downloading your video 'Celestial Poles' and
viewing it, I gave the matter further thought and when I find the time (after
parrying the thrusts of multiple forum members is taken care of) I intend to
revisit this issue. Look to your laurels sir! |[:-)
Regarding JA's post, I don't think I said it was derogatory. I have exchanged
posts with him on the subject and I have the impression that we are reconciled.
As I said to him, the words 'faith' and 'belief' have become so inextricably
linked with religious practise, that I will not accept these terms linked with
my position, as I argue here purely from a scientific position, and to do
otherwise is to give tacit approval to what others will infer from any answer I
might give which does not qualify the meaning of those words. Sorry if this
offends -- it is not intended to do so.
Paul D