[geocentrism] Re: Climate change

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:54:26 +0000 (GMT)

Allen D
Upon rereading my post of last night I have even greater misgivings about my
inclusion of the term 'honest'.
Let me explain. My OCD defines 'honest' (in part) as fair and upright in
speech; sincere. It also defines it as the negative of lying, cheating and
stealing. In no way did I intend to imply the latter. As regards the former, I
interpret 'fair and upright in speech; sincere' as addressing all data and
arguments with equal impartiality and an over-riding desire to discover truth.
Truth of course is a bit slipperier, as evidenced by my OCD's definition which
consists primarily of examples, which of course do not define -- they
illustrate -- not at all the same thing. For me, truth is what is, but we are
essentially constrained to that which can be demonstrated.
I hope that you were not offended; in the event that you were offended, I hope
this explanation removes that offence; in the event the offence remains -- I
withdraw the term.

Yahoo!7 Mail has just got even bigger and better with unlimited storage on all
webmail accounts.