[geocentrism] Re: Climate change

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:23:30 +0000 (GMT)

Neville J

           From Neville Jones Wed May 30 22:45:32 2007
 If H2O concentration remains stable and CO2 increases, then there might be a
slight increase in the greenhouse effect, that's true. But the issue here is
global warming, and the distinction between these two terms is paramount to
understanding this issue.
Cause and effect -- in this instance, Greenhouse Effect is the cause, Global
Warming is the effect. Yes I do understand. In my post to Philip M yesterday
there is a quote from Wikipaedia which draws attention to the chain of events
following the rise in temperature which will follow a rise in the concentration
of CO2.
With respect, I would suggest that you see the program and/or video first,
appreciate the difference in terminology (even if the presentation does not
make this clear), then decide which side of the argument you prefer.
As I said above I do understand the terminology -- it is not, after all, all
that difficult.
Also, following the advice of your last comment, at what point would you say I
should make a decision? After the debunking? After the debunking has been
debunked? Or after the next debunking (whoever is speaking at that time)? There
is no such thing as a DECISION -- rather one has a position which reflects the
current state of knowledge.
This affair of global warming I thought to be a pet peeve of one -- maybe two
-- of the list contributors. I thought it to be a matter of a personal opinion,
of simply academic interest. The fact that three contributors have rallied to
the cause against me -- in one instance four voluble posts in one night --
suggests something rather more fundamental which I have perhaps missed. Is
there indeed a Biblical injunction against the concept of global warming of
which I am unaware? Or is there another reason for this signal response? (No --
I'm not paranoid).

How would you spend $50,000 to create a more sustainable environment in
Australia? Go to Yahoo!7 Answers and share your idea.
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/aunz/lifestyle/answers/y7ans-babp_reg.html