[geocentrism] Re: 666

  • From: Martin Selbrede <mselbrede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 21:46:20 -0500

On May 22, 2007, at 9:01 PM, Allen Daves wrote:

It is not the argument that they are separate (62 & 7) that needs justifying but any argument that makes them to be counted as one

Okay, this once I'll admit to confusion, because you're saying things that conflict with your own chart. Your chart shows all 490 years of the 70 sevens running consecutively -- otherwise, you don't end up with a block of 490 years. The 490 years DO run consecutively: 49+434 +7. You're right that the Messiah is cut off after the 62nd week, which means after 434 years following the 20th year of Artaxerxes. The closer description of the seventieth week lets us know the cutting off occurs in the middle of it, 3.5 years after the 62nd week ended, or 437.5 years after the 20th year of Artaxerxes, which is the year Christ was crucified.

So, if you're trying to say the periods are NOT consecutive but have gaps in-between them, I'd say absolutely not. And if uour comment above is calling for a justification for treating the seventy sevens as running sequentially, end-to-end, without gaps, here's the clincher: Hebrew uses grammatical constructions that are not allowed in English in order to get crucial information across. This is evident in the very opening verse of the 70 weeks prophecy. We read this in English something like this: "Seventy weeks are determined...." but this is completely wrong. The Hebrew is "seventy sevens IS cut off." Why "IS" rather than "ARE"? Because time is sliced just ONCE, at the far edges of the seventy sevens, so the singular linking verb (a Hebrew particle of speech) is applied to a plural subject to show that they form a SINGLE UNIT. If the subdivisions were movable and flexible, the passage would have read "seventy sevens ARE cut off." But by using the singular linking verb, the seventy sevens are compelled to be a single indivisible unit. This is the fatal objection that blocks the idea that the seventieth week of Daniel was somehow postponed. As if God didn't know how to express Himself without us correcting His grammar. What chutzpah! God says what He means and means what He says. The 7 weeks are followed immediately by the next 62 followed immediately by the final week: no interruptions. I don't have to justify this any further than I just have -- I assert that Gabriel knew what he was talking about when he delivered this prophecy of God to the prophet Daniel. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. The sentence might be bad English, but it's excellent Hebrew. Don't discount Hebrew as a language: Isaiah 19:18 says that before history closes, "five cities in the land of Egypt shall speak the language of Canaan [Hebrew]" -- it's a Biblical language with a great future, Isaiah being witness. We should take this language VERY seriously.

Martin