[geocentrism] Re: 666

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 09:47:05 -0700 (PDT)

What is missed is that it start with Nebecharnezars 1st year ( you are the Head
of Gold) scripture does not state the months to moths. SEpt AD 70 would only
tell us if if gave us all the intermediat months to include Nebecharnezars 1st
month but it only gives the month he came to Jeruselem not his first month.
This attempt at analysis is erroneous from the get go it is based on a number
and name of the first month of months that is not even given (again arguing
from what you do not have rather then arguing with what you do have) nowhere
did scripture nor Allen state 666years 0months to the day. The whole attempt
here is based on literally nothing (what the scripture does not give us the
exact counting and name of all the months and days for these events). Years are
not all the same there are leap years extra 30 days and such. You would do well
to stop addressing what it does not outline and stick to what it does years not
days not months.. 596 years is 596 years all day
 long not 595 not 597......... 70 years is 70 all day long not 69 not 71.....70
+ 596 is 666 this is the number of years outlined in both history AD 70 as well
as 70 from Jeremiah 36 in the Persian kings chronology and 490 in Daniel to
messiah from that 36 th year outlined in Nehimih ch 5 the wall.... You are
arguing in circles based on what the scripture does not give you rather then
letting it tell you how to count what to count and where to start the
count......the sad error is one you refuse to see and acknowledge it and two
you pretend to hold scripture in the highest regard but you ignore what it
states in favor of what it does not state. I did not say 596 years before
Christ as Martian or anyone else "counts" I said a real actual 596 years before
Christ BC by definition of the term + a real 70 years AD = 666years all day
long the math confusion is not on this calculation it is on anyone who attempts
to make 596 years BC anything other then 596 years not 595 years but
 596 years all day long.

"Martin G. Selbrede" <mselbrede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    On May 22, 2007, at 9:13 AM, j a wrote:

    1           0           1
  |------------|------------|
     1BC        1AD

  There is a zero on the timeline - it is the imaginary space between year 1BC
ending and 1AD beginning. All of 1BC plus all of 1AD equals 2 years. Therefore,
from the beginning of 596 BC to the end of 70 AD is 666 years.

  JA

  .... For which reason I was very specific:  I picked a given month in each of
the years.  July 1 BC to July 1 AD is one year (or, as I put it, there's twelve
months between the two months, not twenty four).

  The Vespasianic War didn't end on December 31 of 70 AD, nor did Zedekiah's
eye-gouging occur on January 1 of 596 BC.  When you measure year-to-year, you
pick the same measuring point for both termini -- you don't artificially goose
the termini to get a nonrepresentative result. Failing that even-handed
approach, you would use the ACTUAL historic termini, and then we're far removed
from the artifice of the example you provide. The Romans destroyed the
Jerusalem temple on August 29-30 of the year 70 AD. The primary wall was
destroyed in mid-summer, the secondary wall shortly thereafter, prior to the
temple razing in August.

  The problem with the 596 BC date is that the deportations were staged in
three separate events, under Jehoiachin, Zedekiah, etc. God promised that the
land "would enjoy her sabbaths," namely, the land sabbaths that had been
deliberately neglected after 490 years in Israel. There's no question the land
is not enjoying her sabbaths up through the reign of Zedekiah, and the
deportation under his reign, and the razing of the city by the Babylonians, is
dated to 586 BC, not 596 BC (the second deportation, the largest of them all).
Allen wants to use the 70 sabbath-years for the land, but the land was still
being sown and reaped until the deportations prevented the Jews from violating
God's law concerning it. You can't point at miles of fields being planted and
harvested and say "the 70 years is being honored at this time."  Absolutely,
positively no way. The entire point of the deportation/exile was so that God's
law concerning the land would finally be honored by Force, since
 it was spat upon by those who should have voluntarily obeyed it.

  That said, I'm pleased that Allen didn't split the seventy sevens but kept
them together. That strategy is correct, although dispensationalists would
bristle at it, since they prefer to chop off the 70th week of Daniel and
transport it into the 19th century... oh, I mean, 20th century... oh, I guess
now they transport it into the 21st century. Quite a yardstick there -- it
stretches to fit our failed predictions. Not too shabby, eh?  But Allen has
this part right: the 490 years run sequentially without a break. That
circumstance is commendable.

  Martin