[GeoSTL] Re: Poison Ivy

  • From: "Amy Purdy" <apurdy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:45:42 -0500

Up until the end of last summer I had never been allergic to poisen ivy, so
I never had to worry about it. Now that I have had unfortunate experience
with the stuff, I have learned a valuable lesson- when going out caching I
wear jeans, hiking boots, and a lightweight long sleeved cotton shirt (not
very easy to do in the heat), regardless if whether or not it is stated in
the cache description that poisen ivy is in the area. I figure if the cache
is in the woods, there's a good chance poisen ivy's going to be there too.
One of the last caches I found, rather than wearing a long sleeved shirt, I
wore a t-shirt (hey, it was really HOT). I went to the extreme of taking
some soap with me so I could wash off my arms (I wasn't taking any chances,
since I was just getting over it). Now if I could figure out a better way to
deal with the thorn bushes, cobwebs and horseflys!!!

Amy

Our NEW WebPage!   WWW.GeoStL.com
Mail List & Archive Info.
Msg. of the day, "These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the
hereafter...
I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm here after.