[GeoSTL] Re: Poison Ivy

  • From: "Bruce S" <bruces1321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 22:11:49 -0500

I wear long pants most of the time(mostly because of nettles and thorns rather than PI). I wipe arms and exposed skin down with wipes if I know I have had contact. When I am on a long caching trip I usually wash my arms and face a couple times a day not because of poison ivy but because I usually get pretty gross especially if I am looking for well hidden caches under logs etc. I find if I can wash within 10-12 hours I can usually avoid getting much. I do have a few bumps most of the time where I have not washed soon enough or well enough.

Bruce

From: "Jen Guyer" <nyisutter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [GeoSTL] Re: Poison Ivy
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 22:17:44 -0500

>>When I have been out caching I just assume I have been exposed to PI. <<

How do you handle that on those long caching trips. Not like you can shower
in between caches. So, what do you do to prevent getting it?

Jen

Our NEW WebPage! WWW.GeoStL.com
Mail List & Archive Info.
Msg. of the day, "These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter...
I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm here after.

Our NEW WebPage! WWW.GeoStL.com Mail List & Archive Info. //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=geocaching