[GeoSTL] Re: Poison Ivy

  • From: "Jen Guyer" <nyisutter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 21:54:00 -0500

>> It was all over my arms and streaks of it down
the side of my face where I wiped the sweat off. <<

Mine was like this. It was kind of interesting guessing how I spread it to
the different parts, esp that straight line down the face. I managed, by
sheer will power (I did not want steroids) to avoid going in and getting a
shot. My MIL is a doctor and I was on the phone with her every day, but I
knew if I *saw* a doctor, I would get one of those "hate to see it like
this" comments.

I learn about pi by experience, bad experience. When I was a kid, I thought
you got it by touching the leaves. So I picked some so I could show someone
else what it looked like so they could avoid it. Lesson #1, it ain't the
leaves! That one was bad, but not as bad as this.

Lesson #2, yes you can get it from "dead" vines. We went to hunt the Finger
Lakes cache last fall and my SIL kept telling me not to grab the trees cause
those brown vines were pi. Naw, dead vines can make you break out. Oh yes
they can! Still not as bad as this time!

Hopefully, I have graduate from the school of poison ivy hard knocks and can
live the rest of my life with only the occasional small bumps!

Jen

Our NEW WebPage!   WWW.GeoStL.com
Mail List & Archive Info.
Msg. of the day, "These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the
hereafter...
I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm here after.