[gameprogrammer] Re: Speaking of cell phones

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 20:10:22 -0600

The SDL iPhone support is mostly in the 1.3 version of SDL. Most new
development is being done there because 1.3 can support multiple input
devices which you need to deal with things like multi-touch on the
iPhone.

SDL 1.3 is still in development but it is getting better all the time.

Bob Pendleon

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Peter M. <plm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> grant hallman wrote:
>>
>> Speaking of cell phones, anyone know someone writting iPod apps? I have an
>> idea for a niche product for the App Store, there's a working Javascript
>> prototype. I have enough learning curves in my life at the moment, but i'd
>> collaborate with someone interested who was up to speed in the coding, and
>> split any take.
>>
>> cheers - grant
>
> My first iPhone game is almost ready for submission, so I can shed some
> light on the learning curve if anyone cares. I found that once I jumped
> through Apple's various hoops of fire (hardware, accounts, certificates,
> etc.), and started wrapping my head around Objective C, it was fun. One can
> work in C/C++ for the game logic, and its a pretty capable device for a
> handheld, and nice to look at.
>
> It would be nice to have SDL. As best I could tell, someone started working
> on a port last summer but nothing substantial got released yet...
>
> - Peter Mikelsons

+ Bob Pendleton: writer and programmer
+ email: Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
+ web: www.GameProgrammer.com