[gameprogrammer] Re: My game

  • From: "Mike Gillissie" <Niyoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:50:32 -0400

You and me both... plus, we've got all the Sid's of the world (and the Bobs, Brians, Chris's, Mathews, Joshes, Alans, Vinces, etc of this list) to learn from! ;)

For me, the biggest hurdles are:
1) Overambition - I find that I want EVERYTHING in my game, regardless of how technically feasible it is.
2) Embarrassment - I find it difficult to tell people who know me that I'm writing a game - or trying to... but I figure that if I can get just ONE game out there that people are actually playing, THEN I can feel confident that I'm not just fooling myself...

As my wife puts it, even if I'm biting off more than I can chew with THIS idea, I'm building a base of resources that will make the NEXT idea flow through me like Christmas lager. :)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Evan Stone" <recombinantstudios@xxxxxxxxxxx>