[gameprogrammer] Re: My game

  • From: "Mike Gillissie" <Niyoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 17:52:45 -0400

Much of what I'm trying to do in the game I'm working on is founded on what I
loved most about Civilization - building the infrastructure of an empire,
diplomacy, picking off your neighbors, defending your land - games really
challenge your imagination, don't they? :)

This has indeed been a dream for me since I was young - I wrote a couple of
little games when I was 16, on an old Commodore VIC 20 on a tape-drive. One was
a baseball "simulator" that, for some "unknown" reason gave a slight
statistical advantage to my beloved Montreal Expos, and the other was called
"Kill Doug," based on a guy at my school named Doug. I didn't like Doug. Nobody
ever saw either of those games, myself excluded... ;)

But now I'm hoping to create a game that other people might want to play - for
free... ;)