[gameprogrammer] Re: My game

  • From: Josh Stewart <aek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:29:01 +0800

Biggest code base I have worked on is the combat system for a submarine.
over 2 million lines of code..

Maintaining that much code is just crazy difficult.
How long would a full build take? it would be like 2 days easy? You must have had some good SCM, compiler farms?

-Josh

Bob Pendleton wrote:

On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 17:57 -0700, Kevin Jenkins wrote:

Evan Stone wrote:

I'd love to hear more about your AI - what sorts of things you had to work
on...

Getting Up is the largest game I've worked on. It's about 20 million lines of code with about 50 people working on it.

To put that in context, the largest system I have worked on was about
3.5 million lines of code, and that was the entire X Windows system. The
Windowing system used on UNIX and Linux machines.

Can you fill us in on the tools that were used to manage that code base?
how are changes managed, what is the build system, do you use automated
testing. What is the bug fixing/tracking system like?

                Bob Pendleton