[gameprogrammer] Re: My game

  • From: Chris Nystrom <cnystrom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 16:21:06 -0500

On 9/25/05, Mike Gillissie <Niyoto@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In games development, there IS no barn - you need to anticipate the many,
> many things that gamers will do, and I'm betting most games are being
> played
> in ways that their developers hadn't completely anticipated...

And in fact the more you can design an unlimited range of possibilites the
better chance for success your game will have.

For example, with the Civilization series there just seem to be an unlimited
number of actions a player can take, and to this day I never get tired of
playing the game.

Truly, game developers impress me to no end, and at 34 years of age I've
> found myself hoping one day to be numbered among them... silly, huh?

34?!? You are still a young pup. Go for it. Get yer coding on. Do not let
anything get between you and your dreams. You only live once.

Chris

--
E-Mail: Chris Nystrom <cnystrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Business: http://www.shaklee.net/austin