[gameprogrammer] Re: Current game projects...

  • From: "Alan Wolfe" <atrix2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:50:31 -0800

wow...you couldnt have said it better, I didnt know it was that way for
other people too hehe

i too code professionaly (not games though either), and when i started (i
was a hobby coder for a long time before i was a pro coder) a big difference
i noticed was i couldn't just stop when i got an idea working, that last
5-10% or so of spit and polish really is a pain in the ass :P

my boss gave me good advice though... he said if you work on something a
little bit consistantly you'll be amazed how quickly you get there.  If you
have "no time", if you still do something like work on your code for 30 mins
a day or even 30 mins a week but just keep to the routine, before you know
it you will have alot more done than you thought possible.

just reinforcing what you said so well