[gameprogrammer] Re: Austin game programming sig?

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:36:44 -0500

Looks like we need to reach out farther to get people who might be
interested. I figure we need at least 5 people who are going to show up
regularly if we are going to make this thing work. Folks, post info
about this where ever you think is appropriate and have them come back
to this list, Ok?

                Bob Pendleton

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 07:36 -0500, Chris Nystrom wrote:

> On 9/8/06, Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>         I emailed Bob and he will let us use a room at ACC, it will
>         have
>         Internet access, and we can set up a local wifi network for
>         the meeting.
>         He needs a few days notice to find a room.
>
> Excellent.
>

>         Now we have to pick a time and a day. Please post a message,
>         or send one
>         to Chris or I personally, stating that you are interested,
>         what format
>         you would like the meeting to have, what you are interested
>         in, and what
>         day of the week at what time is best for you.
>
>         Here are my thoughts on the subject.
>
>         Format: there are many possible formats. I would like to see
>         an open
>         discussion where anyone can ask a question and the whole group
>         chimes in
>         and discusses the question. I would also like to see the group
>         break up
>         into smaller groups that are interested in a specific problem
>         or topid.
>         I see this as more of a study group that any thing else.
>         Frequently I
>         would like to see people demo their current projects, finished
>         or not,
>         and discuss how they did it and what problems they had. Once
>         in a while
>         I hope people will do formal presentations on a subject, tool,
>         or
>         product, that they are interested in.
>
>         Topics: Anything related to the art, science, or business of
>         game
>         programming.
>
> The above all sounds good to me.
>

>         Time: personally, Thursday nights and Saturday afternoon are
>         best for
>         me. I could also make it on Monday, at least for a while. I
>         can do
>         Tuesday and Wednesday if I can get a ride.
>
> These all work for me.
>

>         Time: evenings after 7 p.m. or weekends in the early
>         afternoon.
>
> Sounds good.
>

> Looking forward to it,
>
> Chris
>

> --
> E-Mail: Chris Nystrom <cnystrom@xxxxxxxxx>
> http://www.newio.org/
> AIM: nystromchris
+ email: Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             +
+ web: www.GameProgrammer.com          +
+ www.Wise2Food.com                    +
+ nutrient info on 7,000+ common foods +