[gameprogrammer] Re: Austin game programming sig?

  • From: "Mando Escamilla" <mando.escamilla@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 01:42:24 -0500

I don't want to be "that guy", but Thursday evenings for the immediate
future are blockers for me.  At least until my son's football season is over
:).

--
Mando

On 9/6/06, Chris Nystrom <cnystrom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 9/6/06, Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm the other. I am currently on crutches due to reconstructive surgery
> on my ankle. (Long story.) So I can not drive and have limited mobility
> for the next month or so.

I can give you a ride if you want. Does Thursday night, September 14th work for you? Can we get the room that soon? Or we can hold off a month if you prefer.

OTOH, I talked to Bob McGoldrick and we can
> get a room at ACC. I don't know about a room with wifi though.

That should work. When I was there a jack on the wall was hot with a DHCP connection when I took your class there. I can bring a wireless router so we can all share the connection if anyone else wants to use it.

> Due to experience with running a public group out of my apartment (long > time ago) I would advise against doing that. (I wound up moving and > getting an unlisted phone number. Which I can't do now :-) The rest work > so long as the management is OK with it. Usually the expect people to > order something and a lot of groups get booted because not enough people > > order anything.

I think it could work, but no reason to pursue it if we already have a good spot.

Chris

--
E-Mail: Chris Nystrom <cnystrom@xxxxxxxxx>
http://www.newio.org/