[frgeek-michiana] Warehouse Report

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:57:40 -0500

Present: Chuq, Phil, Kevin, Mike, Mark, Forest, Karl, Tom

:: Perley Winter Concert Promotion Flops

The FACS coordinator wasn't at the school, and bobody knew I was coming. There were no announcements to the audience at the event. No one had set up a table to display our FreeBox and flyers. I ended up in a corner of the cafeteria waiting for people to come to a bake sale after the concert. The promotion was a bust relative to the Fun Fair which was well coordinated.

:: FreeBox Class

I gave Chuq materials he and Kevin will need for the FreeBox class Saturday. Chuq didn't bring his laptop so I couldn't transfer the slide show and other digital files from my pendrive. I burned a CD, but it may not be a good burn. Chuq copied the files to a FreeBox hard drive and took the drive home with him.

:: Volunteer Switching to FOSS

Karl H. has volunteered a few evenings with FGM out of interest and sometimes need. He wants to drastically reduce his use of proprietary software. Karl made a cash donation last night, and we gave him a FreeBox to take home to learn about FOSS hands-on. Karl chose a FreeBox rather than buy a computer at a commercial vendor. He plans to continue volunteering because our volunteer work sessions are awash in knowledge, and Karl wants to soak it up. It is a fair trade.

####