[frgeek-michiana] Warehouse Report

  • From: "Kevin Yendes" <kevin.yendes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 09:32:36 -0400

On Thursday Dale, Mark (Dale's son), and 2 new volunteers, Chuck Jackels and
Phill Goldenbach, were present with me at the warehouse. We recieved a drop
off of 3 computers, no monitors from someone. We also found several (3)
computers with some other parts out in the warehouse by the overhead door,
no monitors with them. Forest stopped by to ask Tom a question that I
couldn't answer. The owner's brother was in working on the pipe bender that
RBHS has bought. He brought the computer in to our office to repair a serial
terminal that had lost it's screws to hold it on the port opening, Dale and
I got it done, the computer is a Franken Box ultra custom, it is using EDO
ram, I offered to up grade the Ram to him, but he is not a tech type guy as
he puts it so he didn't want to do it, Tom might want to look into this.
Forest worked with him to find a big pin keyboard to replace the one that
came with the control unit. Dale was volunteed to snake the wires and
install the keyboard to the computer. Other than that just the usual
Thursday night of Deman boxes, and load Vector 5.9 on several of the Perley
project boxes.  In by 6 out at 10 pm for all volunteers that night.

Kevin