[frgeek-michiana] Warehouse Report

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 13:21:26 -0500

:: New Server

The new server works fine. It is still up and rock steady. The work room workstation boots really fast. Kevin and Dale were impressed. So was I.

:: FreeBox Connection Problem

I tested FreeBox DHCP at the work table, and it worked fine. However, I couldn't ping out from the FreeBoxes I tested with alphanumeric or hard IPs. I tried several gateway IPs, but none worked so I quit testing and continued installing Vector Linux.

There were no DNS or ping issues at the LTSP workstation or the server console.

:: Refurb God

Kevin declared himself the refurb God. He repaired a string of misbehaving Dell computers for Dale and me. Actually, I don't think Kevin said "refurb."

Dale and I pointed out the downside of declaring oneself God...in the kindest terms of course. ;^)

:: Best PC Deal Ever?

TigerDirect.com is offering a barebones kit which is seductively appealing at $399.99. Nicely upgradable. No OS.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3212495&sku=E145-2026%20B

Is there a fly in this ointment?

###