Re: [foxboro] Sequence code (MON, DEP, IND) opinions

  • From: "Murray, Steve" <SMurray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 05:47:16 -0700

Hi Gabriel,

  I used to use d_edit until the fine folks at Feed Forward wrote "xref".
It is the cat's meow for finding block cross references.

http://www.feedforward.com/xref_downloads.htm

  This is from the download page:
Features:
1. Cross Reference Foxboro I/A Comp:Block.Parm
1. Connected or referenced in other blocks connections
2. C:B.Ps that are connected to its input parameters, or referenced in its
sequence code
3. Display connections (Both Display Manager and Foxview)
4. Historian connections (Legacy Historian only)
5. Sequence code references, as long as the references are
explicit and not de-referenced from a variable (by using single quotes).
6. Provides output in both text-formatted and comma-separated-variables for
easy import into Excel.

2. FBM Point usage
1. FBM Letterbug and Point number
2. COMPOUND:BLOCK that uses that FBM/point
3. Block type

Uses
You could use this utility to determine every location that references a
particular block.  For example, if you wanted to change the name of a block,
you could use this utility to determine where it is used so you find where
you would need to make the necessary connection changes.

You could also use this utility to determine unused spare FBM points.

  Good Luck,

Steve Murray
Asarco