Re: [foxboro] Rate of Change Alarming

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 14:25:06 -0500

It does appear to work that way, which unfortunately has rarely been
useful to me, for the reasons you cite.  I usually end up doing it in a
CALC* block.  You might also be able to use a DTIME block with appropriate
PERIOD and compare the first and last buckets, but I've never tried it.

Corey Clingo
BASF Corporation

"Wilson, Brad" <brad.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
05/04/2007 10:34 AM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [foxboro] Rate of Change Alarming

There is nothing in REALM that allows you to qualify how it calculates
the rate of change - I'm guessing it compares inputs from scan to scan
which could result in very erratic reading for flows & pressures.
Temperatures are more steady, so perhaps you slow down the scan rate for
the REALM and see if that helps.

Brad Wilson
brad.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Invensys Systems, Inc