Re: [foxboro] Peer to Peer connection good but not updating

  • From: tjvandew@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 18:17:25 +0000

We experienced similar peer to peer OM table issues and finally figured out
that it was associated with trying to change a peer to peer sink connection
from one variable to another in the same session.  Seemed to be if the source
block was deleted in CP1 before removing the sink connection to the deleted
block in CP2 and then going to the sink block in Cp2 and changing the bad
connection to a valid connection.  This could cause the OM table to shift
references.  The sink block connection looked ok but was pointed to the wrong
source variable in the OM table.  Very insideous.  Once the OM table was hosed
the only way we found to fix it was a sink CP reboot.  Our work around was:
Always remove the sink connection 1st
Then checkpoint sink CP
Remove the old source block from the source CP
Checkpoint the source CP
Add the new sink connection
Checkpoint the sink CP
Tom

From: Michael Kessler <mkessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 12:46:10
To: foxboro<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [foxboro] Peer to Peer connection good but not updating

I have some peer to peer connections between calcA blocks in ZCP's that are
not updating. (XXX.BO01 > YYY.BI01)  I've deleted/undeleted the blocks,
with no success. Deleting the source block does not turn the sink point
Cyan which should normally be the case.
I am able to see the status of the source using omget.
I suspect corrupt OM lists. Will a re-boot clear these up or is a CP
 initialize/loadall required?

Anyone experienced this type of problem?

mk