[faxcenter] Re: Beta Testers Neeeded

  • From: Bradley Warner Tompkins <bradleywtompkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: faxcenter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 16:47:29 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone!

Does anyone have one of those VoIP setups (e.g. Skype) where there is an
external box, hanging off of the local ethernet, that lets you plug in an
old-fashioned land line phone?  Could you please test the new FaxCenter beta on
an Intel Mac + external USB modem with the VoIP interface?  It would be totally
cool if we could use brand new Macs to send and receive faxes sans POTS!

Since fax only uses 9,600 or 14,400 baud (the middle of the voice band), I
would really be amazed if it doesn't work...

A special "Thank You!" goes out to Ben for reviving this project!

And then there is this admittedly "OFF Topic" matter which is dear to my heart: