RE: Exchange Server Redundancy

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 16:20:41 -0000

Hi all

Sorry if I am missing something here but since when is a pure software solution
that replicates an entire drive going to offer perforamnce anywhere near that
of a cluster using shared drives. This seems nothing more than a co-standby
server solution like say Vinca? Rather than a single shared drive it runs huge
amounts of replciation between dupliacte drives on duplicate servers. I can
actually see you paying more for an inferior solution from what I have seen so
far.

Hardware clustering is far more resilient if done correctly but it does come at
a price, of course. At the end of the day you get what you pay for.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.