RE: Exchange Server Redundancy

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 11:36:04 -0500

In a roundabout way, that's what I'm trying to get to.  I realize there are
hardware solutions that do the same; they replicate writes (really they
bifurcate the write to disk) so you can have geoclustering solutions.  But
I'm trying to figure out how these bright programmers figured out a way to
protect the application data and provide a six second failover.  I'm
concerned that such a solution would be a "poor man's" cluster at best, and
a data integrity nightmare at worst.  I don't see how the fast failover
claim can work with the application nor how it is better than the MCS
solution offered by the vendor of the application (concern for the
third-party support comes into play here), but I have an open mind and if
progress has been made, I'd like to educate myself on it.

So far I don't see how the solution could be better, but I'm certainly
interested to hear.

  _____