[elky] Re: update

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 10:12:20 -0800

Really, really good to hear youz are settling in.

there will always be stuff that worked in one house but not in the next.

The gov't is giving rebates on wood and pellet stoves and probably inserts. anything efficient. SO go for the best deal. We have a never ending supply of wood so it's obvious for us. Pellet stoves are very efficient and burn the pellets slow. Just be sure to get one that is easy to light and heats the whole house. Living 'out there' you are not a high priority to get the power back on when storms or yahoos hit poles and knock it out.

but happy to hear you haved turned a really big corner. Now we'll need an address to send those cards to????

Mary
How YA-AWL doin, LOL
Well, we finally made it, and even thought the cable guy was here till 7;00 last night, the PC came on line just now. Did I mention how slow things happen here. LOL. There was no surprises at the closing, it took 10 minutes and it all was done. They seamed like nice people, and were over whelmed will their packing up. I was nervous because there was still a good amount of stuff here at the walk through. They left us a few logs in the fireplace. Nice. Well, we got all our stuff from the pod in the house before the storm hit, and they removed the pod just before the first snow flake fell. We have 4-5 inches here, and it's been fun watching cars slipping past our place. D'OH. I guess I'm going to be clearing the snow from the driveway today, as a plow buried us at the street end. We have a large car port that kept the car clean, and dry. We have about 80-90ft of driveway. Dorothy, and I threw out a lot of stuff during packing to keep from having to ship stuff only to throw it out later. Well, as we are unpacking we are coming across stuff that we have no idea where to put it. ???? This is all ending up in the basement. We have used the fire place the last two nights and it was great. He left some good burn wood and since we don't have a kitchen table yet we have been eating on unopened boxes in front of the fire. High cool factor. Taking it all in, very different life style from our past, so far it's new and exciting. I would like to install a fireplace insert soooo ....... if anyone has advice on that topic .......... I promise to send some photos when I get the chance so hang in there, I just have other things to get done first.

Frank & Dorothy, NC