[elky] Re: Valve Cover Gaskets

  • From: Dann Keller <kwhale22@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ray Buck et al <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:27:11 -0700

OK, will do.  I can't imagine any new gaskets leaking right away but if they
ever do leak I'll be sure to post.

Dan

From: chrislindh@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:21:00 -0400
Subject: [elky] Re: Valve Cover Gaskets
To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd like to hear your feedback... leaks drive me crazy.  My 406 leaks at the
rear, possibly from both the pan and the rear main seal.  It is aggravating.
When the Chevelle leaves for paint the 406 will be pulled soon after.

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:14 PM, Dann Keller <kwhale22@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks all for your inputs.  Somewhat like the El Camino Central site there
were a range of recommendations.  I settled on a set of Edelbrock gaskets with
a rubber outside and composite core.  Probably more than I need but I hope to
not have to replace them again.  We'll see.

Dan

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 12:52:37 -0400
From: elcam84@xxxxxxxxx
To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

       The only ones I like are the rubber ones with the steel insert. Felpro
has some good rubber ones.

         If using cork get good thick ones and RTV the crap out of it. If you
ever rebuild the old style before 86 type then have the machine shop fly cut
the flange so you have a flat even surface to seal to.