[elky] Re: Valve Cover Gaskets

  • From: Dann Keller <kwhale22@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ray Buck et al <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 19:14:43 -0700

Thanks all for your inputs.  Somewhat like the El Camino Central site there
were a range of recommendations.  I settled on a set of Edelbrock gaskets with
a rubber outside and composite core.  Probably more than I need but I hope to
not have to replace them again.  We'll see.

Dan

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 12:52:37 -0400
Subject: [elky] Re: Valve Cover Gaskets
From: elcam84@xxxxxxxxx
To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

       The only ones I like are the rubber ones with the steel insert. Felpro
has some good rubber ones.

         If using cork get good thick ones and RTV the crap out of it. If you
ever rebuild the old style before 86 type then have the machine shop fly cut
the flange so you have a flat even surface to seal to.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/210850552/direct/01/