[elky] Re: Cable

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:42:53 -0800

wow - getting ripped off by your cable company!?!?! who would have thought?!?!?!?

Mary
I need to vent, I'm a bit disappointed with my cable service. Since you sent me the testing site and my numbers were low, I called the company (Charter) and asked them why it was so low if I was paying for high speed. Well, this is what I found out.......... I was only geared for 15 max. and they now had different plans. So I'm thinking hear comes the other shoe. I asked what are the plans offered. There's the 15, 30, and 100 mlsps. 100? really? OMG. Right now I'm paying 40.oo for the 15 and I had talked them down from 60.oo. So I ask her how much for the 30, she say's let me put you on hold. She did ask if I was gona be using Wifi, I said yes. I'm thinking she will say 60.oo or more. She comes back and the price was 39.oo ......... Really? All I need to do is replace the modem. So was I getting ripped off, yes, and I never would have known. I thank you guys for sending that test. Oh, buy the way can you send that test again. In all the confusion I sent it somewhere, and I can't find it.
 Thanks again.
Smokey Mt Frank