[elky] Re: Cable

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:28:51 -0500 (EST)

Thanks, if I want cable Charter is the only game in town. Yes their TV
sucks, I have DTV for TV.

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 11/29/2012 11:10:55 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

This is  the speed test: _http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/_
(http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/)

Charter  cable has the worst customer ratings (59%) in the worst industry
(TV service):  _http://www.theacsi.org/acsi-results/acsi-commentary-may-2012_
(http://www.theacsi.org/acsi-results/acsi-commentary-may-2012)    Comcast
isn't much better at 61%, in years past Comcast has had lower ratings  than
the IRS.  The IRS!  They've even changed the name of their  product to
"Xfinity" since Comcast has such a poor reputation.  Problem  is Comcast is the
only cable company in my area.

Utilities are a  necessary evil, but I fight them every chance I get, I
know the customer  service rep can't hang up, so I just stay on the phone
hammering them until  they provide a reasonable solution.  One victory is I'm
down to only one  service from AT&T (cell).  I use Ooma for phone, which is ~$4
a  month.

I just called Comcast about my bill, a few months ago they  "gave" me a
premium channel since I complained about their myriad problems,  then proceeded
to charge me for the channel once the free period was up.   They were also
charging me for a "Channel Guide" magazine (that we were not  reading, just
recycling).  There's $3.95/month for something I never  asked for.  I was
able to get $20 out of them for their M-cards not  working... better than
nothing.

Great, Everything is negotiable.