[elky] Re: Cable

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:32:30 -0500 (EST)

As I see it.......... they are corralling us to do just what they  want.

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 11/29/2012 11:29:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
johncgg@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I hate  Cable/tv companies. I fought with Comcast constantly till I got
AT&T in  our area. The TV is better, the internet is a lot slower. I am just
tired of  fighting it every 3 to 6 months to "negotiate" a better deal all the
time.  Like you say, they give you something, then they charge you for it
later, or  after a trial period. I wish I had cable internet and AT&T TV, but
it  would cost too much.

JC

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Chris Lindh <_chris@partsforspeed.com_
(mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) > wrote:

This is the speed test: _http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/_
(http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/)

Charter cable  has the worst customer ratings (59%) in the worst industry
(TV service): _http://www.theacsi.org/acsi-results/acsi-commentary-may-2012_
(http://www.theacsi.org/acsi-results/acsi-commentary-may-2012)    Comcast
isn't much better at 61%, in years past Comcast has had lower  ratings than
the IRS.  The IRS!  They've even changed the name of  their product to
"Xfinity" since Comcast has such a poor reputation.   Problem is Comcast is the
only cable company in my area.

Utilities  are a necessary evil, but I fight them every chance I get, I
know the  customer service rep can't hang up, so I just stay on the phone
hammering  them until they provide a reasonable solution.  One victory is I'm
down  to only one service from AT&T (cell).  I use Ooma for phone, which  is
~$4 a month.

I just called Comcast about my bill, a few months ago  they "gave" me a
premium channel since I complained about their myriad  problems, then proceeded
to charge me for the channel once the free period  was up.  They were also
charging me for a "Channel Guide" magazine  (that we were not reading, just
recycling).  There's $3.95/month for  something I never asked for.  I was
able to get $20 out of them for  their M-cards not working... better than
nothing.