[ebooktalk] Re: BOOKS OF MY LIFE

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 17:07:16 +0100

Elaine

It's probably to your credit that you haven't heard of it. In fact, it's
called Verse and Worse and I can't remember offhand who edited it. It would
have come out in the early 'fifties I think as some of the contents is WWII
related.

It is a collection of 'poems' quite a few of them risqué, some political and
others just fun. Some like the 'D' Day Dodgers were written as songs others
like Bloody Orkney have since become songs. There are limericks, and various
other bits of short verse. I will find my copy and get my wife to tell me
the editor and publisher and any other relevant information. Unfortunately,
it is not of scannable quality as it appears to have been printed on cheap
paper and the characters have spread rather. This means that the holes in
letters like R and A have become filled and the lines of M, N and Ws have
become blurred.

Steve

Selections from the book were read to the class that included Volid and I by
one of the teacher at Dorton House.