[ebooktalk] Re: BOOKS OF MY LIFE

  • From: "Shell" <shell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 11:31:17 +0100

I really don't like fantasy, I've tried Rowling, Pratchet and Mervin Peak, as
well as a few other famous author's in that genre and it just does nothing for
me. I think I like the hobbit and Lord of the Rings because I first read them
as a child, I didn't enjoy them so much when I tried to re-read them a few
years ago.
I do like hard sci-fi, or books based on science, which base a story around
more factual based ideas.
Books which try to describe a possible future or even life on other planets
which are plausible.  I'm afraid that if I see the words elves, goblins,
fairies, werewolves or vampires, then it's not even going to make it onto my
pile at all.  Though, I did read a good vampire book once by Elizabeth Costova
and I love books about ghosts, which I don't actually believe in either, so it
all makes no sense to me anyway.