[duxhelp] Re: Optional hyphens

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:59:34 -0400

Michael,

I'm not sure that Mike has been back in touch with you.

The .clp file indeed allowed Mike to get to the bottom of what DBT is doing
with your paste quite quickly.

Mike and Joe are pondering what now to do about it.  We're investing, in
particular, whether Word is mis-using the particular Unicode character that
DBT mis-handles, or whether instead DBT is simply mis-reading it.

This is important here because, if Word is indeed in error, we'd at least
have to think twice before adapting DBT's code to work around the problem,
because an incompatibility with other programs might then be made manifest.