[ddots-l] firepod latency and performance

  • From: "Stacy Bleeks" <sbleeks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 18:46:56 -0500

Hi Phil and all,

I am using the Presonus Firepod. Even with the JAWS cursor the Firepod is completely innaccessible. I know that I've using 44/100 with number of buffers set at 4 (16 is makximum and setting more than 7 results in audio trouble) buffer size is set at 80 to 100% This needs to be set at 12 to 20% for reasonable midi reaction using soft synths.

I have no access to latency settings using either the JAWS or invisible cursors let alone the PC or virtual cursor.

Everything seems to run pretty smoothly until I reach upwards of 24 tracks. Word around the campfire is that with my system I should be getting way better performance than this.

I'll get somebody with a good pair of eyes over here aand see if we can't find the "latency" settings.

I recall that the current driver is sett at 3.1 mms but don't know what that means.

Many thanks,
and