[ddots-l] Re: Soft synth request

  • From: "Steve Wicketts" <steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 10:33:05 -0000

Hi Mark,

The softsynths that come with Sonar, do need a little tweaking, however, you can make them work very well. There's a trumpet in the groove synth of all places that has a real bight if you have that on one track and a trumpet from dimension pro on another both play in unison, it's quite effective.

Darren Hartland from the list, as recently put a web site together for me. this site contains intro demos I've recorded which only use the free softsynths and pluggins that comes with Sonar.

I've found that The secret to creating a good horn section, is to detune one or two of the horn instruments just slightly as that gives it more realism.

Go to my site and click on the audio links, there are several different styles,. All the intros are short as they are simply intros I've recorded for different performers. I just thought as I'd already written them, I'd give other performers the chance to purchase them.
Pick and mix intros ha ha.

If I had more expensive softsynths, well the possibilities...

www.starintros.com

Steve W

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Dew" <jmkeybd1@xxxxxxxxxxx>