[ddots-l] Re: Soft synth request

  • From: "Steve Wicketts" <steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:32:08 -0000

I experienced the exact problem that DJX was talking about.

The Hotel I was performing at on Saturday night, had a limiter set at 85 decibels, I'd sound checked making sure I was below the decibels, not letting the light on the wall move from the Green, however, the DJ for the night setup away from the stage, at the opposite side of the room, and plugged in to sockets that wasn't on the cut-out ring so it didn't affect His system if he made the limiter stay on the red light.

I wasn't aware that he'd made my system reset itself until my driver said, "Your spotlights have just gone to flood by themselves."

It would have been a tricky gig if my driver hadn't help me find alternative sockets in the venue. as even hardware takes a little time to set back to your desired settings.

My advice would be always have spare electric extension leads, which have long quality cables, plus, plug something in to the limiter plugs sockets just so they look like they are being used.

This isn't about blasting out power, just protecting your equipment and keeping your mind free of unnecessary stress.

I powered my gig from the plug sockets in the dressing room, we all had a great night.

Steve W

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bryan Smart" <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>