[ddots-l] Re: MOTU 828 Firewire

  • From: "Kylee Maloney" <kylee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 00:01:53 +1300

MessageSorry, guys.  I don't understand any of this.  The ad said it was
firewire, not a PCI card.  In looking at MOTU's site, I see info about the 828
with the mkII interface and it talks about the product also functioning as a
stand-alone mixer, just as my M-Audio USB Omnistudio can.  However, this older
828 doesn't have the mkII.

Would someone please tell me the difference without confusing me with PCI cards
and the like.  I can get a firewire PCI card installed to accommodate the 828.
Why would I need another PCI sound card too, when I have JFW running off my
on-board card and all other sounds running through my M-Audio?

Thoroughly confused

Kylee