[ddots-l] Re: MOTU 828 Firewire

  • From: "Kevin L. Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 10:30:27 -0800

There is an 828MKII which is firewire.  I assume that your computer
already has a firewire port on it.  If it does, you're fine.  Again, as
for a mixer, that is determined by whetther your speakers are powered or
not.  If you used a soundcard with speakers and no mixer before, you'll
be able to do so again witht he 828.  Again, MKII just means Mark 2,
which is the next in the series of that produc.  It has nothing to do
with PcI cards.
K.