[ddots-l] Re: MOTU 828 Firewire

  • From: "Kevin L. Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 10:19:16 -0800

The MKII and MKIII needed PCI cards.  the card was called a PCI324 or
424 card.  You need neither of these because the 828 connects directly
to your firewire 400 port.  The presence or absence of an interface card
has no relationship to the need for a mixer.  If you have headphones or
powered speakers, you won't need a mixer.  If your speakers are not
powered, you will ened a mixer.  what speakers do you have?  do you
currently use a mixer with them?
K.